Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day#25: Free Movie Prescreening

Today my 17 yr old (almost 18-yikes!) daughter and I went and enjoyed a great "chick" flick called "The Vow.". This is one of those movies that we saw previews to weeks ago and promised each other we would go see it together once it came out. It's not due to debut in theaters until February 10th, but tonight we had the opportunity to prescreen it....for FREE! How you might ask? Well I signed up at www.gofobo.com. It's a website that offers free movie screening opportunities. Because I signed up and added my email address, which is free by the way, I get notifications of upcoming movie offers. Watching a movie a couple weeks before it comes out, and for free, is pretty nice!!! When a movie is available, you log in, print out your passes (two per person typically) and go to the theater on the specified date. So what's the catch? Well for starters, passes are limited. There are only so many available, so you want to make sure you print the passes as soon as you can. Passes are like invitations, not tickets, however you need a pass to take to the theater in order to get a ticket. The theater will also give out more passes than tickets, so you want to make sure you get to the theater early! My daughter and I got there about 2.5 hrs early, got our tickets, left to grab a bite to eat and went back and got in line for the movie. So if you are patient enough to wait a bit, then you can handle the worst of it. At our movie Prescreening, the theater gave out a gift bag to a lucky winner and at the end of the movie the ladies were given a Ralph Lauren romance perfume sample. So all in all, I have to say the wait was definitely worth it. My daughter and I liked the movie and had a great time together! So check out www.gofobo.com for Prescreening opportunities!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment