Monday, January 23, 2012

Day #23: Grab Bags Valued at over $300

Day #23:  Although this next bit isn't about coupons, it's such a GREAT deal that I had to share!!!  Today my husband and I were in Phoenix and had some extra time before our next meeting, so I persuaded him to go into the store "Last Chance" at 18th St. and Camelback.  It's been years since I have been in there.   Last Chance is a "clearance" store which has clothing, shoes and accessories, mainly from Nordstroms.  It's one of those places where you can find a $200 jacket for $30.  You might have to look through a lot of things to find that diamond in the rough, but when you find it, its well worth it!

While we were in there, over the loud speaker I heard a woman say they had "grab bags" in checkout lane 3.  I wasn't sure what a "grab bag" was but watching the other women in the store make a bee line to checkout lane 3, I knew it had to be good!  So being people who love a great deal, my husband and I followed the others to checkout lane 3 to see what the commotion was all about.

Turns out Last Chance will take cosmetics, hair products, colognes, perfumes, lotions, skincare and haircare products and occassionally (sometimes daily, sometimes, weekly - depending upon the quantity on hand) and will shrink wrap them into a nice big bundle.  These items come from the cosmetic counters at Nordstroms and from various stores.  They then sell the bundle for a flat rate.  In this case $19.99!!!!

At first, I wasn't sure if I should buy one, since I hadn't experience the whole "grab bag" concept before, but I am sure glad I did!!!!  Let me tell you, it was crazy!  First of all there were so many women looking and grabbing the bundles/grab bags, but it was also crazy trying to figure out which one to buy!  They are stocked with so many products!   Now that I've gotten home and unopened the whole thing, I am shocked at the value of the items and how much money I saved, I must have saved 95% in that one purchase!  One of the items alone, a Boosting Collagen syrum from Somme Institute has a retail price of $82.  In my grab bag I had items from Origins, Perricone MD, Stila, Smashbox, Cool Water Cologne, OPI, Big Sexy Hair, Neutrogena, Burts Bees, and so many more!!! 

Below is a picture of what I got for only $19.99.  The picture is missing some OPI nailpolish, and a couple of Smashbox products that my teenage daughter has already taken to her room!!  This grab bag concept gave me that same adrenilin rush as coupon shopping!  It was definitely worth the $19.99. 

So if you are ever in Phoenix near 18th St. & Camelback, stop by Last Chance and check to see if a grab bag deal is in the horizon!!!




1 comment: