Friday, January 6, 2012

Day #6: Spent the day grocery shopping

Seems like I spent most of my day grocery shopping. Usually I will go to one or two grocery stores but today I visited just about every one of them. There were various sales at different stores that I wanted to get, so I found myself all over town. I don't mind days like this, it's nice to go alone, take my time and save money. I find it relaxing, almost therapeutic; but I will say at the end of the day, I am very tired. I noticed several shoppers with coupon binders at the different stores today! It's great that coupons are really catching on. I was able to stock my freezer with great deals on meat from Fresh and Easy (I was able to use special coupons I received for additional money off) and chicken from Safeway. I picked up great snacks at low prices from Safeway, Albertsons and Walmart. Both of my pantries are stocked with things we all like and I was able to do some price matching at Walmart on fruits and veggies. The best part of my day was not having to cook dinner! My husband decided to BBQ for all of us!!! So all of my shopping, time and use of energy paid off - I brought home the bacon, well in this case the chicken and he cooked it!! Not a bad way to end a shopping day!

No comments:

Post a Comment